Thursday, July 12, 2007

Diet?!? Did Somebody Say Diet?!?

Boy, I wish this thing had never come in the mail!!!!!


This is me after I heard the "D" word!

For all you Puppia wearers out there, do they run small? Please, please tell me they run small. Or maybe Puppia just labeled the size wrong. Maybe it wasn't a large. Maybe it was really a small! Yeah, that's it. It's gotta be. Despite what my Mommy and my doctor say, I am not overweight. I mean, just look at me. I'm a muscular, fine-looking' pug!

I gotta tell you guys and gals ... I'm really afraid of what this means. Mommy has already cut back on the amount of Snausages I get daily, and I've been noticing that she doesn't fill the food scoop up to the top like she used to. Have any of you other pugs been on what they call a "diet?" If so, how horrible is it? I need to prepare myself for the upcoming food disappointments!

Exchanging my L Puppia for an XL,
Newton

6 comments:

Sandy said...

oh, no, our mama hates that word but she needs to practice it badly...just get the bigger size and tell your mom to forgettaboutit....Baxterman.

Jessica said...

Oh poor Newton....Let me tell you, I know what you are going through. I am a pug and I think we are cursed with a fat gene or something. It just isn't fair!!! I just recently got up to 26.9 pounds and my vet had a fit. The vet made Mom buy me this nasty diet food. I refused to eat it at first but then I got so hungry that I gave in. I'm tolerating it but I don't like it. I went and got weighed last week and I am down to 26.1 pounds. Mom was so happy she said that we could celebrate. I was hoping for cake and ice cream for the celebration but no I got a new stuffie toy instead...sigh....

Hang in there...Love, Zoe

Pjamms said...

Aww. Maybe it WAS mislabeled. Though a diet could be fun...if you look at it through the right color glasses.

Duke and Gidget said...

Newton, I know all about that diet stuff, and believe me, it ain't fun! The only good thing about it is the frosty paws I have been getting lately. And in case you were wondering our frosty paws have plain yogurt, smashed bananas, low fat peanut butter, and shredded carrots in them. We freeze all that stuff up and they are dee-licious! And they also help keep us cool on a hot day.

~Pug Hugs~
Gidget

Duke and Gidget said...

Hey Newton, we posted our frosty paw recipe on our blog for you. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

~Pug Hugs~
Duke & Gidget

Molly's Mom said...

Aww, poor Newton! If it helps, Cousin Molly (and Aunt Wendy) are on a diet too! Hang in there, bud!