Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tagged by Duke and Gidget!

Before I answer Duke and Gidget's questions, I should say I wanted to title this post, "I'm Back, Part II." Mommy wouldn't let me because she is SO embarrassed for having ignored me this week. She and Daddy suede painted the entryway, and mostly I had to stay out of the way ... something about my hair getting in the paint. I think it makes a great addition to the walls, gives it some texture, but they oftentimes don't agree with my decorating suggestions. So, after giving my world famous pout, Mommy decided to give me a jumbone. This made me sick, and I was up all night with an upset stomach. I'm much better now, and Mommy is tired of home improvement projects, so we are back to blogging!


So on to the tag!

1. Where is your favorite place to sleep?

In the bed, of course. I have a specific nightly routine. Around 9 or 9:30, I start barking at the bed. This is Mommy and Daddy's bedtime cue. Once they hoist me up, I start at the end of the bed, chewing on my loofah puppy. I then squish my way in between Mommy and Daddy, where I must have butt scratches. Then, I wiggle my way under the covers to the very bottom of the bed. Mommy doesn't know how I breathe under there, but I love it.

2. Is there a specific trick your humans make you do to get treats?

Mommy laughed when she saw this question. Mostly I get treats for just being cute, but sometimes she makes me sit and shake. It took me five years to learn this shaking business, but I'm good at it now. She doesn't even have to tell me anymore. I just go ahead and do it. This adds to my cuteness, and I usually get an extra treat for it. Mommy has a video of this somewhere, she says, but we haven't figured out how to post that, yet.

3. If you could spend an entire day doing anything at all with anyone, what would it be and who would it be with?

Mommy and Daddy, of course. One of my favorite things I've done since we moved to Utah was hike at Antelope Island State Park. We had such a great time. I was the lead hiker, of course, showing Mommy and Daddy which way to go and how to manuever around the rocks. It was PAWSOME. I would definitely do that again! Here's a picture of us at the top of Buffalo Point. Yes! There are real buffalo there. We try to stay far away from them. You guys thought the Saint Bernard was a giant? You should see these things!


4. What is your favorite toy?

LOOFAH PUPPY! Here's a picture of my first loofah. I got him for Christmas last year. I honestly don't know how I lived so long without it. Of course, now I'm on my fourth or fifth loofah because I love dissecting them. I've posted instructions on how to do that, but just in case anydoggy missed it, here is the link.


5. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?

I would go back to the horrible day earlier this year when I took a gigantic leap off Mommy and Daddy's bed. I really, really hurt my back that day. I had to go the doctor, and he insisted I be sedated and x-rayed. This was terrifying. Mommy had to leave me there, and she's NEVER left me at the vet by myself before. I'm OK now. I have to take supplements every day to help strengthen my bones, but that's not so bad. The bad part is Mommy is paranoid now. She freaks out if I do the occasional sprint around the house, and she's really scared to take me on hikes, which, as I mentioned above, I love. So I would definitely go back to that day and not jump off the bed.

7 comments:

Lorenza said...

Thanks for sharing all those things about you. That let us know you better.
I am so sorry for that episode of the bed. I hope you are doing well.
Take care
Lorenza

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Newton...Welcome back!!! So glad you are back amongst the blogging!!! Great post...I feel I know you so well now! That is stinky about your back. Glad you are ok now!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Balboa said...

OH NO, I'm glad you are better after that bed incident, mommy gets nervous when I run around too.

Thanks for the instructions on disecting a loofah puppy, I do it another way, but if I ever get another stuffie I'll try your way.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Page said...

Welcome back, Newton! So sorry you hurt yourself jumping off the bed. Have your parent's thought about getting stairs? We finally had to do this so that Sela could come up, but Winston refuses to use them!

Duke and Gidget said...

Hey Newton, welcome back, we were starting to get worried about you.
Thanks for playing! We love your list, except for that last one. We're so sorry to hear you hurt your back, but we are very glad it's better now. Just remember to take it easy and wait for one of your servants to lift you off of the bed next time. That's what Gidget does!

~Pug Hugs~
Duke & Gidget

Jessica said...

Be careful of that back Newton. You Mommy just loves you and wants you to be careful.

Love, Seadra and Zoe

Ronin_The_Pug said...

Hi Newton! I'm back too!
Thanks for sharing all those things about you! Hugs!!!