Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Brrrrrrr!

It's getting cooler in Utah, everydoggy! That means that in a few weeks, we'll probably see snow in the Rockies. Last year it snowed on Sept. 22. Daddy keeps up with this kind of stuff because he's a snowboarder. I guess you can call Mommy a skiier, but mostly she just tumbles down the mountain. Last year, she took out a portable fence on the bunny slope and almost got knocked out by the chair lift!!!! Poor Mommy.

It was so cold last Sunday night that we had to put two heaters on the deck to enjoy the outdoors! I, myself, love heaters and want to stand as close to them as possible. But Mommy won't let me get too close. She's afraid I'll singe my whiskers off! Here are a few pictures of us wrapped up in our winter clothes ...


This is me next to the heater. It's so warm and toasty, especially with my blue, fleece jacket on. Santa Pug brought that to me last year for Christmas!

That's me and Mommy. Notice she is wearing her fleece pullover, too. Hey! When we're together like that, we're wearing University of Florida colors! I'll have to remind Mommy that we cannot wear our fleece at the same time. We are, after all, still Tennessee Volunteers, even after our ugly, ugly, ugly loss to Florida last weekend. Congrats to all the Gators out there, though! Ya'll looked great! Go SEC!

It did a lot of this last weekend, too. We needed it ... it's been very dry, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Is there anything worse than having to poop in the rain?! (In answer to my own question, yes, there is something worse ... pooping in the snow!)

This is my favorite spot to be when it's raining! Comfy, cozy in a warm bed!

13 comments:

Ari_1965 said...

My dog crosses his feet, too. It's so sweet.

Clover said...

Hey Newton,
You look great in your winter gear. It's getting cold here too, I'd better get myself a sweater too.
Oh yeah, in response to your question about the my cuz toy - it CAN squeak, and it is a loud squeak, but I am not able to squeak it myself. I just carry it around by it's feet and chase it if someone throws it.
Love Clover xo

Ruby Bleu said...

HI Newton..
It's starting to get cold here too...well, as cold as Sac can be...but it is raining. Which Mom likes, but I don't.

Stay warm!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Balboa said...

WOW, Newton, even though it looks chilly on the porch, it also looks like fun cuddling with your mommy.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Sandy said...

Newton, you are so handsome in your fleece. Your mama is a Southern girl trying to ski in the Rockies...watch out! Can you blow some of that cold air down this way?

Jessica said...

We love this time of year when it's starting to get cooler. We are looking forward to snow... Our human family does a lot of snowmobiling so we do a lot of praying to the snow gods.

Love, Seadra and Zoe

Page said...

Newton, you look so handsome in your winter fleece! Sorry about the loss of Tennessee to UF! I'll try not to rub it in... ;)
Oh, yes, and if you don't mind, please send some colder weather down here to Florida! It's still very hot and humid, even though I've got all my fall decorations up in the house!

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Lookin' good Newton in your winter garb. We be dreading the cold weather. brrrrr.

Suki & Joey said...

Oh, I hate pooping in the rain. I won't do it.

We've had a lot of rain, lately, too. Mom loves it, but I'd prefer to stretch out in the sun! :)

I'm glad the weather is getting cooler, Newton. Enjoy it!

Puggy kisses
Suki

The Devil Dog said...

I'd rather go out in snow than rain. But that's just me. My sister Lucky doesn't care either way.

Roxy

Lorenza said...

Hi, Newton!
Today is the first day of the fall and we still have 100 degrees!!! Normally we have to wait until January to have colder days!!
Have a good night
Lorenza

The Devil Dog said...

It was 87 degrees here, today. Here being New Hampshire, and today being the 5th of October. It's been in the 80's all week.
If you're cold, you can come visit me.

Roxy

Weeny&Daisy said...

Hey Newton! Daisy crosses her feet like that too! How cute! We love reading about you in your blog so we added you to our puggy friends list on our blog http://weenyanddaisy.blogspot.com/

we hope to see you there soon
Weeny and Daisy xx xx