Wednesday, September 5, 2007

It's Great to be a Tennessee Vol!

I know. I know. My beloved Tennessee Vols lost to the California Golden Bears Saturday 45-31, but Mommy says I can't be a fair-weathered pug. So, here I am, publicly announcing my trust in the Big Orange. Besides, who wouldn't love Tennessee? The mascot is, of course, a dog, a blue-tick coonhound named Smokey! He's much better than a stinkin' bear!!

Here are a few pictures of a game Mommy and Daddy went to a couple of years ago. I have been begging for a Tennessee jersey, but I haven't gotten one yet ... something about me needing to lose weight. Once I heard that diet word again, I decided I'd lay off the jersey talk for a while!

Neyland Stadium ... look at all that orange!!

The Power T!

That's the Communications Building right across from the stadium. Mommy says she spent a lot of time there. That was pre-me, though.

The Pride of the Southland Marching Band ... look at that pawsome Power T formation!

And here come our Tennessee Volunteers! (That's Mommy's favorite part!)

To end this football post, I'll leave you with the chorus of Rocky Top ... Rocky Top, you'll always be home sweet home to me. Good ol' Rocky Top. Woo! Rocky Top, Tennessee, Rocky Top, Tennessee!

14 comments:

Clover said...

Hi Newton! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think you are a pretty cool pug too. :) I love your pictures today - sooo much yellow. Looks cool! And what did your parents mean, lose weight? You look great! I think you should get that jersey now.
Love Clover xo

Page said...

uh, oh. we have a problem. winston and sela are UF Gators, so there might be a weekend where we won't be on speaking terms ;)

Jen and Suki said...

Okay mommy feels a little torn here. On one hand, orange is her favorite color, dogs are her favorite animals, and she likes volunteering. On the other hand, she grew up in the East Bay and so Cal is her home team and she always had a lot of respect for their marching band. She doesn't really mind bears that much.

Then again, she doesn't like football so this is all about colors and marching bands and mascots anyhow so she's happy no matter who won the game!

Punchbugpug said...

That's a WHOLE lotta orange!!!!

Sir Isaac Newton IV said...

Hi everydoggy! Isn't college football rivalry great?!? Page, that weekend is coming up soon ... Sept. 15. I do hope we win, of course, but with that said, we root for Florida when they're not playing us! They're an SEC Powerhouse and make our conference look great! And Suki, I hope I didn't offend by calling Cal's mascot "stinkin'." Their band was great, and unfortunately so was their football team! We also thought Tightwad Hill was pretty cool.

Newton :)

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

We be confused at first, what be the Tennessee Vols?? LOL. Can you tell we not be football pugs!! Very cool pictures.

Balboa said...

that's a big stadium and allthose people. wow,

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Jessica said...

We've got our paws crossed for you on getting that jersey. Good luck with that!!

Love, Seadra and Zoe

Lorenza said...

I hate that diet word!
We don't know too much about football but good luck for your team!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Sandy said...

We see the big orange flags flying outside of people's houses here! Rocky Top!

Ronin_The_Pug said...

Hi Newton! Wow that stadium is full! Awesome!
Hugs!

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

My stupid Human went to a stupid university with a stupid striped cat for a mascot! I just don't understand why she didn't take mascots into consideration when she was choosing her university!!!

Duke and Gidget said...

And it's even greater to be a Washington Husky! hehehe

~Pug Hugs~
Duke & Gidget

Suki & Joey said...

I'm sure Tennessee will do better. I don't know anything about football, though, so I shouldn't be talking!

Oh, and I totally agree with the bath thing. Baths ROCK!! I love them, too ;)

Puggy kisses
Suki