Monday, November 10, 2008

Bad, bad blogger!

After much harassment from me, Mommy finally got un-lazy and started blogging again. Although we've been away for a while, we've been checking up on all our friends. 

In Mommy's defense, she hasn't felt up to blogging lately. Want to hear why?! I'm getting a little sister! No, not a four-legged one ... a two-legged one! That's right, pugs. Mommy is going to have a little human baby. Her belly just keeps growing and growing, and she's tired a lot. 


This is Mommy. She's about 8 months pregnant here. 

I didn't quite understand it at first, and Mommy had to keep patiently explaining why I couldn't jump all over her anymore. I get it now, though, so I just quietly lay next to her belly on the couch. It's my job to keep little Lila (that's going to be her name) warm and snuggly. I've also been trying to teach Lila that I'm here to protect her by barking loudly whenever the doorbell rings. Mommy says to bark away because the more she hears it now, the less scared she'll be of me when she gets here in a few weeks (she's due November 26 ... the day before Thanksgiving)!


This is me supervising the putting together of Lila's crib. I had to be on alert and make sure Daddy and Mommy built it correctly.

Now that we've got the big news out of the way, I wanted to update you on my back problems and Mommy's eye surgery. Good news is we're both doing fabulous. Occasionally, I limp on my right leg, but I have regained all feeling and am my happy go lucky self again! And Mommy's eyesight is 20/20, and unlike others experience sometimes with LASIK, she is not having any dry eye symptoms! Yahoo! 

I promise to keep everyone updated on my little sister. Mommy promises to help, too!

Till next time,
Big Brother Newton       


P.S. Look at this new toy Daddy got for me. It's a snow blower. It means I will no longer have to trailblaze a path through the snow this winter. Daddy will be able to do it for me!!

6 comments:

Eduardo said...

Thats great that everyone is doing well! Congrats on getting a baby sister! You have to take good care on her!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Lorenza said...

Hi, Newton!
Sure I missed you!
Congratulations on having a sister!
I am sure you are going to be a very good brother for Lila!
Glad you are doing well and your mom's surgery went well!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Clover said...

Hi Newton! I missed you! Congratulations to you and your family on the new baby - I bet you are all getting really excited now. :)
I am so glad to hear that you and your mom are doing well now. I was worried.
Love Clover xo

Ronin_The_Pug said...

WOW! A baby! That's fantastic news! :)
Hugs and kisses!!!!

River of Time said...

Hi,

Would you be able to tell me the name of the vet who did the surgery on your Pug-Newton? My beloved feline is having spine issues and there is no vet in Utah Valley who specializes in neurosurgery.

with thanks,
Gay Wyn

Anonymous said...

Watch out for those labor-saving devices, Newton -- you may find you miss charging through the snow! I know our Husky would...
- - - - - - -
Jack@PDB
dog beds and more